Submit resumé and portfolio to: CLICK HERE
LISTING DATE: March, 2021
- The Craft person is responsible for the construction, fitting and alteration of costume craft items, including but not limited to: masks, millinery, footwear, belts, bags, jewelry and dye work. They should be familiar with as many different techniques and materials as necessary to complete the tasks mentioned and /or be able to research new techniques/products as needed.
- Development and fitting of craft pieces according to designer specification.
- Cuts or supervises cutting, construction, finish work, and alterations on assigned craft items.
- Timely delivery of craft pieces for dress rehearsals.
- Creates patterns to cut out all materials needed for each assigned project.
- Fits all assigned projects to actor.
- Helps Determines yardage for fabric and trims for the assigned projects.
- Researches the period, style, techniques and materials necessary to complete the costume within the costume designer’s guidelines.
- Maintains the integrity of the costume design.
- Ability to work with performers and staff in a positive and professional manner while on campus at all times. • Cleans and maintains all spaces daily.
- Maintain flexible schedule for work calls especially during tech weeks.
- Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and maintain a safe work environment.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Production Department by preforming any additional duties and responsibilities assigned.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.