DRAPER, THEATRICAL COSTUMING WORKROOM
Submit resumé and portfolio to: CLICK HERE
LISTING DATE: March, 2021
- The Costume Shop Draper will lead the Build Workroom Team, full time and contracted employees and a Wardrobe Craft Team, as well as over hire staff when necessary. The Costume Shop Draper is responsible for overseeing and participating in the budgeting, construction, ordering of supplies, fittings and scheduling of build teams for all products being produced in the Tampa Studio Workroom.
- Oversee the completion of both made-to-order and altered costumes for all NCLH productions.
- Lead the workroom staff, including, but not limited to: First Hands, Stitchers, Crafts persons, and over hire contract workers.
- Expedites productions within scheduled deadlines.
- Attends fittings as necessary for troubleshooting and production continuity.
- Manages staff/contractor’s time for payroll and budgeting purposes.
- Supervises the timely inclusion of fabrics/notions into costume productions.
- Partners with Shop Supervisor to provides supplies, especially stock fabrics, notions and materials to the workroom in a timely manner.
- Oversee construction build timeline and process to keep on budget and schedule.
- Acts as liaison with Costume Leads, Stage Management for fittings and production notes.
- Acts as a liaison with Costume Leads for the smooth transition of costumes from Shop to dress parade/tech/dress runs.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.